I am a writer, marketer, product creator, and digital media professional who has been writing and promoting content online for nearly a decade. In that time, I’ve been at the leading edge of inbound marketing and content marketing as the new wave of digital strategy, acting as Director of Strategy for ThomasNet RPM in New York, and now operating LeadConnect Marketing, a marketing strategy consultancy.
This is my personal blog. It is focused on efficiency and productivity in digital marketing and copywriting. My goal is to help the growing wave of new digital marketers entering the workforce to navigate the constantly shifting landscape of SEO, content writing, website development, social media, and all things digital.
That means I blog about copywriting, digital strategy and tactics, new technologies I’m using to improve client accounts, and general workplace productivity. On occasion, I write about things that don’t necessarily fit these categories. It’s my blog after all.
My goal is to create insightful, unique content that brings together the creative, technical, and commercial aspects of digital marketing for today’s marketing professionals. Whether you are currently a digital marketer or would like to become one, this blog is for you.
I post at least once a week. To ensure you don’t miss any of my posts, subscribe to the site via RSS or join my email list and receive updates in your inbox once a week.
My Favorite Posts
This blog started as an experiment in the fall of 2006 after I graduated college. Since then it has undergone numerous iterations and revisions. While much of those early (and admittedly random) posts are long gone, there are nearly ten years worth of posts gathered on the site to review. Here are some of my favorites:
- How Do I Cut Down on Time Spent Writing Email?
- How I Install New Habits
- How to Have a Productive Weekend Without Working
- The 20 Minute Rule
- 7 Tips to Help You Trust Your To Do List
- 7 Ways to Get Over Writer’s Block Fast
- Changing Gears Rapidly as a Writer
- How to Be Controversial without Being a Jerk
- Do You Need a Swipe File?
- 7 Hacks to Generate Blog Post Topics in 2 Minutes or Less
- How to Write an eBook – Outlining Your eBook
- How to Write an eBook – Choosing Your Topic
- How to Write an eBook – Research and Introduction
- 5 Most Effective Types of Blog Posts
- How to Write an Engaging Non-Spam Email Newsletter
- 23 Client Relationship Building Strategies for Freelancers
- 7 Home Business Tips from Han Solo
- How GTD Works for Freelancers
- 10 Best Saas Services for Freelancers
If you want to read more about me and my story, how I got where I am today and what I’m currently working on, click here.